Friday, November 7, 2014

Mushroom hunting in Sweden

Mushroom picking is a common and popular activity among Swedes. A couple of my Swedish friends are really into mushroom picking and they invested in proper hiking outfits, picking tools such as the mushroom knife and brush and of course, the mushroom picking guidebook. GPS tracker is also essential to mark and locate the favorite spots. Funny thing is many of them have their own secret mushroom hideouts and they don’t usually share cos its rather sacred. Chanterelles is one of the top favorites. Checking those fungi out in the woods is pretty interesting especially I’m new to this. Watch out for the poisonous ones like Death Cap, False Morel, Destroying Angel, Deadly Webcap. I don’t pick mushrooms but I took photos so that maybe I can get around to verify the species at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment